Customer satisfaction is the key ingredient to a successful business. Listening to your customers will help ensure that your business measures up to their expectations. With these valuable insights you will be able to identify your strengths and weakness, plan ahead for market trends, anticipate your customer’s needs, increase customer satisfaction and stay ahead of the competition.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Use white or a pale color paper; use black or dark ink.
- Keep the number of questions to a minimum.
- Keep the vocabulary simple.
- Keep the survey brief.
- Eliminate questions and exclude the ranking of quality. Instead list a key of business activities and limit the choices to “outstanding” or “needs improvements” and leave space for comments.
- Give directions on how to return the survey either by fax or have a postage paid option.
- Ask permission to share feedback. You can use these positive comments on your website.
- Reply to those customers who have helped you do a better job by sending them a thank you note.
- Present the survey to the customer at the close of a presentation or service.
The US Chamber of Commerce offers a survey form which you can download and customize. You can find the download information at: US Chamber of Commerce.